The Global Health subsidiary of AMSA International, emphasises the purpose to uphold and maintain the global and public health virtues (Action philosophy) of AMSA International. The subsidiary generally functions to coordinate and promote public health activities intended for further development of AMSA International at chapter level, and global health initiatives at international level.
Working together, medical students learn how to serve the community productively with partners, across the country and around the world in settings that are often unfamiliar and challenging. The main flagship events of the subsidiary are Asian Medical Students’ Outreach Programme (AMSOP) and AMSA Community Service are two programmes designed on the values of compassion, creativeness, diversity, excellence. integrity, leadership, professionalism, respect, responsibility, and teamwork.
The Director of Global Health (DoGH) of AMSA International is the utmost position in the Public Health subsidiary, governing the hierarchy. The National DoPGH of respective chapters have the responsibility to assist the DoGH of AMSA International at chapter level and initiate local public health advocacies. The International DoGH along with the National DoPGH aims to bring together the medical students around Asia, Asia-Pacific & beyond to work together around various focus areas concerning global and public health, and contribute towards improving the health & wellbeing of the surrounding community in general and society as a whole.
(1) To foster the “Action” vision of AMSA through public, international and global health issues.
(2) To train and develop AMSA International members into communitysensitive and skillfully-empathetic future healthcare professionals.
(3) To promote awareness for global health issues & interdisciplinary collaborations for action.
(4) To provide public health opportunities for members of the AMSA International community in-between the annual conferences.
Advisory Board of Global Health Subsidiary of AMSA International
1. Global Health Meeting (GHM)
2. Global Health Training (GHT)
3. Global Health Event (GHE)
• Asian Medical Students’ Outreach Programme (AMSOP)
• Asian Medical Students’ Association Community Service (AMSACS)
• Interchapter Collaboration Programme (ICCP)
(1) 69th WHO SEARO RC Observer Delegation [Colombo, Sri Lanka] (September 2016)
(2) 67th WHO WPRO RC Observer Delegation [Manila, Philippines] (October 2016)
(3) 9th Global Conference on Health Promotion by WHO [Shanghai, China] (November 2016)
(4) 70th WHO SEARO RC Observer Delegation [Maldives] (September 2017)
(5) 68th WHO WPRO RC Observer Delegation [Queensland, Australia] (October 2017)
(6) AMSA-IFMSA Joint Online Campaign: Mental Health in Asia Pacific Medical Students (May 2018)
(7) Establishment of Asian Medical Students’ Association Community Service [AMSACS] (July 2018)
(8) 71st WHO SEARO RC Observer Delegation [Delhi, India] (September 2018)
(9) 69th WHO WPRO RC Observer Delegation [Manila, Philippines] (October 2018)
(10) WHO Health Literacy Webinar (September 2019)
(11) 72nd WHO SEARO RC Observer Delegation [New Delhi, India] (September 2019)
(12) World Antibiotic Awareness Week (November 2019)
(13) AMSA-FAMSA-EMSA World AIDS Day Campaign (December 2019)
(14) 73rd World Health Assembly [WHA] Delegation [Geneva, Switzerland] (May 2020)
(15) 73rd WHO SEARO RC Observer Delegation [Bangkok, Thailand] (September 2020)
(16) 71st WHO WPRO RC Observer Delegation [Manila, Philippines] (October 2020)
(17) AMSA-FAMSA (EMSA, IADS, IVSA) World Antibiotic Awareness Week (November 2020)
(18) AMSA International Global Health EAMSC Plenary (January 2021)
(19) AMSA Global Health Training: Global Health 101 (February 2021)